For the past year I’ve had the pleasure of serving as President of the non-profit Entrepreneurs’ Organization Dallas Chapter, and it has been a pleasure meet and learn from so many amazing and successful entrepreneurs in the Dallas / Fort worth area!
This year, we are launching an exciting new program called Accelerator!
If you are an entrepreneur, do you remember when you first started your company?
And I remember having to learn everything as I went, from from accounting, sales, and managing people, to strategy and defining my mission/vision & values. I made a lot of mistakes, and at each step, I tried to find mentors to guide me through the process so I could learn from their mistakes and grow my company faster.
My membership in Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) largely serves that function now, and has provided more real-world business education than any MBA could.
This is why we are starting Accelerator. To give early stage entrepreneurs the foundation to quickly grow their companies to over $1 million in annual revenue so they contribute more to the local & global economy, have a greater chance of long-term success, and qualify to join Entrepreneurs’ Organization for continued growth and learning.
Accelerator is part of our EO Mission – To Engage Leading Entrepreneurs to Learn and Grow – and is only for those individuals who are committed to company growth and are willing to dedicate the time, effort and learning required to do so.
This program is by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs, and affords participants the unique experience of learning from, and connecting with, the world’s most influential entrepreneurs.
ACCELERATOR FAST FACTS
- Accelerator is a program of Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Applicants must have gross revenue of $250k to $999k in the previous 12 months, and be a founder or majority owner of their company
- This program is non-profit, and entirely funded by sponsors and Accelerator participants
- Only 30 applicants are accepted each year, with a focus on those dedicated to company growth
- This is an annual program with 3 years of curriculum. The expectation is that within 24-36 months a participant will graduate to over $1 million in revenue and exit the program
- The program consists of:
— Monthly accountability group meetings made up of 4 participants and an EO mentor
— Quarterly learning days focused on Strategy, Sales, People and Finance
- This curriculum is best of breed, and was selected by the U.S. State Department for their “Entrepreneurs for a New Beginning” program
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
There are many ways to get involved and support the Accelerator program!
- Mentor – if you’re an EO member, share your entrepreneurial expertise and experience with early stage companies
- Nominate – do you know an early stage entrepreneur who wants to grow? nominate them for membership
- Support – give back to the entrepreneurial community by sponsoring Accelerator
- Apply – apply to be a participant in the Accelerator Program
- Attend – if you are an EO member, attend the Accelerator learning days!
- Follow – we’ll be blogging about the process and participants, listen in as we tell the stories of success!
Join me on this exciting journey, and I promise you will be inspired, learn a lot, and grow along with the rest of us!